Skip to main content

Day 4~30 days of blog lovin'~ Dedicated to Marco~ How do I love thee?


 “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)I am never without it (anywhere
I go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling)
I fear no fate (for you are my fate,my sweet)I want no world (for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)” 
― E.E. Cummings

i love how we can be together in silence beside the oven 
that you built with your strong hands and creative spirit

i love how we can look at our girls and be so proud 
of the beautiful, centred, strong and caring young women they are becoming

 i love that we have so many memories together~ 28 years worth!

 of adventures and journeys....

 alone, and as a family.....

 I love that you care so deeply about me, even when I am lost and struggling.....

 I am so grateful that you believe in me, sometimes more than I believe in myself....

 I love your strength and spirit of endurance....

 the way you keep our family warm and safe....

 the way you fan the flames.....

 I love that you see the majesty in all things.... the bigger picture...

 I

I love that you are not afraid to stand up for what you feel is right...and that in doing so you have taught me to find my voice of courage also....

 I love that you embrace the difference and culture of others and model that for our girls...

even when they are reluctant to join the dance...

 i love that animals are drawn to you and sense your kindness straight away....

i love that you sing to swans


 and that you have such a strong bond with and love for your abuelita even though she is no longer with us...


I love that you are such a wonderful and wise navigator

an artist and  maker of extraordinary and beautiful things

You have built us a home that is beyond my wildest dreams

you have been the daddy that every child would wish to have

and I am soooooooooo blessed to swim this river of life beside you ♥


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning










Comments

Donna walsh said…
Beautiful :)
Julie M said…
What a beautiful post Tracy! Love and happiness always to you and yours.
Hollace said…
Wow, my goodness, only Day 4 and your are pulling out all the stops and blowing us away with your love story. What a wonderful tribute to your man. Congratulations to you on the supreme discipline you are showing by WRITING FOUR DAYS IN A ROW! Good for you!

PS I love both those poems, especially the cummings.
A stunning post of love. It is so rare that I have the good fortune to "meet" someone else who has found that extraordinary love of their life as I've had the good fortune to do. I'm so completely happy for you. I LOVED this beautiful tribute to love and relationship!
Unknown said…
This is beautiful, Tracy.
And when I see you two swimming in the dark waters, I can't help but think, "be careful of crocodiles!"
Anonymous said…
You are making me cry...again?