Skip to main content

Day 14~Thirty days of gratitude

  
I need the sea because it teaches me.
     I don't know if I learn music or awareness,
   if it's a single wave or its vast existence,
       or only its harsh voice or its shining one,
      a suggestion of fishes and ships.
      The fact is that until I fall asleep,
       in some magnetic way I move in
           the university of the waves.

     Pablo Neruda

 i grew up by the beach
 have lived by it all my life...

 childhood memories of walking the rocky cliffs around Bondi with my grandmother are some of my best memories....
 so much life, so many organic patterns and textures to be inspired by....

 so much history recorded here, a mystery to me....these formations.....

 but captivating nonetheless.....

 time creates beautiful patterns and then erases them again....

 and if I am inspired to record this moment in time....

 does it somehow encapsulate this moment of beauty?

 this contrast and depth!



 life clings amongst the salty rocks, a verdant reminder of hope.....and tenacity.

 as we start to leave Marco tells me "Look up!"

 I think I could have stayed there all day....

 finding new beauty.....

 old beauty......

 everchanging beauty....

 hieroglyphs created by wind, water and movement....

 language of the landscape...

 what beautiful gifts it speaks.....


Comments

Kim Mailhot said…
What magnificent beauty you have found yourself surrounded by, Tracy ! You and Marco have inspired me to look up today !
This series of gratitude posts is truly inspiring, Lovely One. IMy hubby and I take the time every night before sleep to share what we are grateful for that day. It makes for a peace sleep, that's for sure.
I am also grateful for the magic you bring to the world. Love and light to you and yours.
JoDee Luna said…
What amazing photos. I also love the sea. Have you ever read Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh? I think you would really appreciate the book. I'm mesmerized by your artwork and happy to have joined your Magically Mixed Art Community on Facebook. What a wonderful source of inspiration.
Kate Palmer said…
Tracy - I've just loved looking at these photos, they have reminded me why I love the beach - forever changing and reinventing itself.
Crazy Art Girl said…
Beautiful images. Grateful that I know people like all you and learn from you.